“A study by radiologists at Harvard Medical School, published in 2000, found that patients who received hypnosis during surgery required less medication, had fewer complications and shorter procedures than patients who did not have hypnosis.”~NYTimes April 15, 2011
Whether your goal is to lose weight, quit smoking, or overcome stress, hypnosis works.
If you’re serious about change, hypnosis can facilitate the results you desire more quickly. Hypnotherapy is a dynamic healing process that empowers you to take back control of your life. To learn more about how hypnosis works and what your experience may be like, you can read more here.
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, “Hypnosis is used in a variety of settings — from emergency rooms to dental offices to outpatient clinics. Clinical studies suggest that hypnosis may improve immune function, increase relaxation, decrease stress, and ease pain and feelings of anxiety. Hypnotherapy can reduce the fear and anxiety that some people feel before medical or dental procedures. For example, studies show that dental patients who underwent hypnosis had a significantly higher threshold for pain than those who were not hypnotized. Hypnosis may also improve recovery time and reduce anxiety and pain following surgery. Clinical trials on burn patients suggest that hypnosis decreases pain (enough to replace pain medication) and speeds healing. Generally, clinical studies show that using hypnosis may reduce your need for medication, improve your mental and physical condition before an operation, and reduce the time it takes to recover.”
A safe, well-documented healing technique, hypnosis is also being used to promote recovery from PTSD, and in the safety of hypnosis it’s not necessary to relieve horrific experiences again. In addition, hypnotherapy has been shown to be effective at managing chronic pain and many other diseases, especially when stress is a factor. The National Institutes of Health fully embraces the efficacy of hypnosis and conducts clinical trials in an ongoing effort to document new applications for hypnotherapy.
Don Glass is ready to help you.
Call him or send an email with the form below and he’ll be in touch soon.
“Numerous studies have shown benefits of hypnosis for pain relief. In a study with experimental pain stimulation by pin prick and laser heat, direct suggestions in hypnosis resulted in a significant decrease in pain, measured subjectively and objectively by means of pain-related brain potentials…All patients reported a pain level of 8 or more (on a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being the most intense) before hypnosis. With hypnosis, all reported a pain level of 0.”~Mayo Clinic
At Just Imagine Hypnosis Center, certified hypnotherapist Don Glass offers solutions to many common problems. Click on any link to learn more about that form of hypnotherapy.
• WEIGHT LOSS HYPNOSIS This can be just the tool you need to break through that stubborn plateau or get motivated to finally make your weight loss permanent.
• VIRTUAL GASTRIC BAND In addition, he’s had significant results using this procedure, both as an adjunct to bariatric surgery and as a replacement for it. As Don likes to say: the surgery is virtual, but the results are real.
• ADDICTION ISSUES If someone you know is struggling with addiction, hypnotherapy can be a powerful tool to help them maintain their renewed liefstyle. Don uses special relapse prevention techniques to help people recover, feel free again and reclaim their lives.
• PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT In this area, Don can guide you to discover your core strengths and amplify them to reach whatever life goals may have eluded you.
• STOPPING SMOKING One major goal that responds fantastically to hypnotherapy is smoking cessation. If you’ve struggled with this for a long time, now is the time to stop—for good. Don makes it so easy, you’ll wonder how nicotine ever took over your life.
• ANGER MANAGEMENT HYPNOSIS can work wonders if you’ve been told this is a problem for you. Don can guide you to uncovering reasons for your anger and frustration and resolve it at the root.
• OVERCOMING ANXIETY, FEARS AND PHOBIAS All sorts of emotional issues also respond well to hypnosis–you really can end the torment these conditions cause.
• HYPNOTHERAPY TO CHANGE HABITS This one may surprise you, but is a wonderful tool. Again, it’s often about deconstructing the old behavior in order to replace it with something better. You really can raise your effectiveness to a much higher level.
• PAIN MANAGEMENT Another area where hypnotherapy is very effective is reducing pain. Regardless of the cause, your pain can be mitigated or even eliminated. This can also be especially effective prior to medical or dental procedures.
• RELIEVE CHEMO NAUSEA In a related way, hypnosis to assist cancer patients has proven to be very useful. If you or a loved one is struggling with this, do ask Don for a consultation to see how he can help with this.
• RELATIONSHIP ISSUES Hypnotherapy can work wonders on all sorts of interpersonal problems. Use it to resolve challenges before they break up your relationship or to recover from a split and reclaim your self-esteem and self-confidence.
“Used for more than two centuries to treat a host of medical problems, particularly pain management and anxiety, hypnosis is now available to patients at some of the most respected medical institutions in the country, including Stanford Hospital, the Cleveland Clinic, Mount Sinai Medical Center and Beth Israel Medical Center in New York.”~NYTimes April 15, 2011
“Meeting Don Glass has been a godsend to me. I underwent the virtual gastric bypass. It was harmless. My whole attitude toward eating and life has changed. I no longer think about food when I’m stressed, tired, or upset. I am excited about doing things. ”~Paloma B.
“I am so grateful for now being a non smoker and to Don for all of his help! He helped me to properly breathe for relaxation. We worked on correcting negative self talk, positive affirmations and new coping strategies.”~Janice S.
“Hypnotherapy has caused me to lose my anxieties and stress in my business, and I am much calmer now when I talk to customers over the phone—and especially when I make cold calls. My procrastination levels are much less now.”~David C.